The promotion of a Yahoo store, where you sell your product, is an aspect of your online business that you couldn’t afford to neglect. Chances are, there are millions of Yahoo stores already operational, even with the same vertical or niche as yours. You’d do well to make the fullest use of all the promotional tools that the Yahoo platform provides.
Yahoo store promotional tools are built into the store platform itself and are meant to drive quality traffic to your store. The Yahoo store promotional tools are as follows:
- Yahoo! Shopping: All Yahoo Store owners are entitled to participate in Yahoo Shopping, a highly popular shopping destination on the Internet.
- Link Tracker: The built-in Link Tracker helps generate sales by offering a cut to other sites that send you traffic.
- Mailing List Manager: Using the Mailing List Manager, you can set up several independent mailing lists to send promotional emails to your customers and create subscription newsletters.
- Meta Tags: Every page on your Yahoo Store gets a meta tag option. You need to simply enter the keywords that you want to be associated with that particular page. This feature is found under ‘Variables’ in the Store Editor.
- Coupon Manager: In order to attract first-time buyers or to reward loyal shoppers, you should create coupons. Coupons can be exchanged at your store for one or the other form of a dollar amount, or percentage off, or free shipping. There’s plenty to achieve using such coupons.
Fortunately, some Yahoo store developers will provide all these and more to ensure that your Yahoo store gets the maximum and the best publicity online. Having your webstore appear on the first page of Google searches for a good number of keywords would be an achievement by itself.
Pay good attention to the promotion of your Yahoo store and reap the full benefit of the powerful Yahoo Store platform.