To help eCommerce retailers better, Google Analytics has a brand new feature called “Enhanced eCommerce”. The new feature, which will offer deeper insights into visitors’ behavior, will offer new data about customer behavior as well as a method to measure the effectiveness of eCommerce merchandising activities. Some of the new functionality of the new feature are as follows:
- A new range of funnel-based reports that will help you consider the products that sell well and the ones that are abandoned frequently
- The section of the website where most shoppers drop off in your shopping funnel
- Ability to create data-rich user segments that help you dig deeper into your customers shopping experience
- In-depth insights into on-site promotions
- Ability to create customized product lists and product landing pages to help you measure user engagement
Through customized funnels, you stand a better chance to find out problem areas of your website. When you cross-reference new customized funnels with traditional Google Analytics, you will get to know if visitors drop off before registering and if customers from different regions react different when browsing through your eCommerce store.
Granular product ID dimension:
Through Enhanced eCommerce, you will gain access to data-driven, actionable reports. You will be able to see how many visitors viewed specific products, how many of them added/removed a product from their shopping cart and so on. You can also track conversions at the product level, average order value, and refund actions. Some of the advanced reports include:
- Shopping behavior reports, which will help you evaluate the performance of entire purchase funnel
- Checkout behavior report, which will help you identify the paths that your visitors take through the checkout process
- Product performance report, which offers granular look at individual products and their performance in sales funnel
- Product list performance report, which enables you to measure the sales impact of grouping products together using dimensions such as product list position and product list name
- Coupon and affiliate marketing report, which enables you to track transactions that include coupons and conversions from affiliate marketing
You can share your feedback for this new Google Analytics feature.