In an attempt to gain users’ confidence, Yahoo! recently announced the launch of Live Store badge program. The goal of the program is to showcase eCommerce merchants’ achievements such as web traffic, number of engaged visitors and so on. The badges will be awarded based on the data from Yahoo Live Web Insights.
“Yahoo Small Business Head of eCommerce wrote in a blog post. “Using this data, we’ve created a set of awards that merchants – both large and small – can highlight to potential customers. The current awards include: Engaged Visitors, Loyal Following, Top Destination, Pro Seller, Easy Shopping, and Secure Checkout (available to all Yahoo stores).”
While consumers are familiar with the big name stores, building trust can be more difficult for the small and medium-sized business that is operating online, and is a crucial step in creating customer engagement and willingness to purchase. Yahoo’s Live Store badges program gives online merchants a valuable tool to establish and build trust based on real-time data.”
Based on the current criteria, it’s quite possible that a merchant participating in the program may not get any badge because the badges are only awarded to top rated or performing sites. However, they will get the trust badge. Moreover, eCommerce merchants using Yahoo’s eCommerce platform will automatically get a badge because they use Yahoo’s checkout encryption.
Let’s have a look at the different types of badges launched under the program.
- Engaged Visitors badge: This badge will be awarded to merchants whose stores encourage shoppers to spend more time there compared to other similar stores.
- Loyal Following badge: This badge is for the online stores who attract repeat customers relatively more often.
- Top Destination badge: Designed for popular stores, this badge will be awarded to those stores that get relatively more visitors than similar stores.
- Easy Shopping badge: This badge is designed for stores that offer easy shopping experience to users – resulting into higher conversion rate.
- Pro Seller badge: As the name suggests, this badge is for stores that receive relatively more orders than the other similar stores.
- Secure Checkout badge: Every qualified merchants using Yahoo’s eCommerce platform will receive this badge. Sellers using other platforms won’t receive this badge.
The badges appear at the bottom of a participating seller’s website, and it can be expanded to display what the badge actually means.
Yahoo Live Insights is already integrated with major eCommerce platforms, including:
Unfortunately, Yahoo Live Insights’ mobile application currently works only on iPhone.