Being a small business, you have limited resources, and you really can’t afford to waste them on SEO tricks that aren’t sure shot. If you wish to expend money wisely, consider the following top 7 SEO elements that doesn’t cost a bomb but yield highly effective results:
Proper designing: Your website definitely needs to be intuitive and responsive with rich UI and UX. When we say that a website should be intuitive, it simply means that users should be able to find the information for which they are visiting your site. For ex., you are running a restaurant, information about the cuisines you offer, your chefs and reviews of your customers should be highlighted.
Also, as you are a local business, it’s quite likely that 80% of your users will be accessing your website from mobiles or tabs. So your website definitely needs to be responsive to adjust accordingly.
- Engaging users: More you engage your users, more traffic you will get ̶ leading to higher website ranking on the search results’ page. But the key question here is how to engage the users? One of the best ways is to build a user forum on the website itself. And doing this is not even expensive with the availability of free tools like Discourse and Moot.
- Domain name: Do not ever have the domain name that matches with the keywords. Google had an update specifically for this and you really don’t want to get penalized. Better choose a unique domain name for which you can implement heavy branding strategies. But remember, the unique domain name should reflect the nature of your business. Having totally irrelevant domain name doesn’t make sense at all.
- Optimize main pages: Optimize the main pages of your website by keeping the titles simple, having proper meta description, using relevant keywords as the alt attribute for the images and by reducing the loading time of the pages.
- Verify business listing on Google+: Getting your business listed and verified in Google+ will make your business highly visible on the Google maps.
- Local citation and reviews: When it comes to local SEO, citations and natural reviews are quite important. Specifically, having citations from authoritative places will improve the visibility of your business on Google. Also, encourage your clients to post their reviews on various reviewing websites if they are happy with your products and services.
- Social media: Keep your presence on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tubmblr, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram. These platforms do not require long content; relevant videos and pics would be enough to keep your target audience engaged and happy.