If you are looking to create engaging and interesting content for your customers, video blogging is just the thing you need to do. You just need to focus on the idea and create a video around it.
How to go about video blogging? Well, we can help you in that too.
- Lighting: The first thing you need to do is get proper lighting. For this, you have 2 options: either you can hire a professional who will come with proper lighting equipments, or you can purchase your own equipments. However, the lighting equipments are quite costly and it may not be feasible to buy them if you are a new start-up. Better find a location where there’s lot of natural light and you can use that brightness to make your video bright and interesting.
- Camera: You definitely don’t need a high-end camera initially. You can just make do with what you currently have. You can even use your PC camera if you are trying to create an informal video about your products. If you are planning to buy a camera, then you need to consider few things such as sound, storage, batteries and size. Make sure that your camera has an external MIC-in and that it comes with SD cards for storage as that will make transfers between the camera and PC quite easy and simple. Also, do not forget to consider the size of the camera as you will need to work on it for long hours for a good video.
- Audio: You definitely need to use audio along with your video. To have a great audio, check if your camcorder has a MIC in port. If so, just buy an external microphone, plug it in and set the levels at optimum levels. However, if your camera doesn’t have a MIC in, you will need to record the audio on a separate device and then add it to the video at the later stage. To easily sync audio and video, use your hands to clap a few times to denote the starting points. This will help you match your audio and video seamlessly.
- Screen capture: It’s not necessary that all video posts needs camera. You can use software like Camtasia and ScreenFlow to capture the screen shots of your computer screen. You can combine these screen shots with the audio track and create a sophisticated video demo. This style is quite useful for marketing software.
- Editing: Once you are done with creating a video, the next step is to edit it to make it more polished and engaging. For editing, you can either use YouTube or free software such as Windows Movie Maker and iMovie. If you don’t mind sending some money for this task, you can use Camtasia and ScreenFlow. However, if you are looking for advanced editing tools, try Final Cut and Sony Vegas Studio HD.
- Sharing the video: Once your video is done, you are ready to distribute it. There are various channels such as YouTube, blip.tv, Vimeo, Viddler and TubeMogul that can help you promote your videos.
So what are you waiting for? Start video blogging right now. If you face any kind of problem in this task, do let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.