Facebook has just released an update to its iPad app, to support the new iPad’s Retina Display. The update not only offers a crisp, high-res interface, it also brings bug fixes and support for additional languages.
The bug fixes provided in the update include the following:
- Take a chat offline
- The profile picture appears the same for everyone
- All your friends are included in your list of friends, always
- Names will be displayed correctly in photos
- Photos of those who like Facebook pages will load correctly
- The friend-request notifier will light up only when you receive a request
The languages that are now available with this update are: Czech, Danish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal), and Thai.
Unfortunately, it still doesn’t support Facebook Timeline for profile pages. The Timeline feature is a novel way to display content on Facebook profiles. It would also fit perfectly onto the iPad spectacular, new Retina display.
There’s also no facility to ‘like’ the comments that accompany photos. The v4.1.1 update will shave off 10.5MB off your iPad real estate.
Head to the iTunes App Store if you are comfy with the prospect.