If you have any experience of inbound marketing, you will be aware how difficult it can get to convert online visitors into customers.
What with the abundance of online options to your ecommerce store, the fleeting nature of online visitors’ interest, and the amount of effort that goes into creating a ‘sticky’ ecommerce store, you cannot really count all the reasons why a visitor may suddenly leave your site or online store to go elsewhere.
A major factor that can help your visitor come and stay longer at your site and even decide to make a purchase is the ease with which he/she can convert. There are some ways for going about it in an appropriate manner:
- All your forms should be as short as they can get. Beyond the information that is an absolute must for the purposes of verification, do not include any fields that ask for extra info. The shorter it can get, the better your chances of converting the visitor. Nobody likes to fill in forms online. Don’t make them do it. Often, a visitor will be put off by the sheer length of even a reasonably short form.
- Your landing pages should each target a particular need of the visitor. They should also represent only one particular offer. They should properly address your visitors’ specific needs – one at a time.
- Limit the number of calls-to-action on a given landing page. Ideally, let there be only one. You don’t want your visitors to navigate from one landing page to another in quick succession. You want them to stay on a page, see and understand what’s on offer, and then make a decision.
- Likewise, in your email marketing, stick to one good offer at a time. Sending your customers multiple offers at the same time distributes their attention. Let them focus on one offer at a time. If the offer is good enough, the visitor will convert.
- Don’t make visitors scroll down to see your landing page form. See if it can be contained within the space that is visible as soon as the landing page opens. Short forms, as described in No. 1, will fit within that space, giving you a better chance to convert the online visitors.
- In the final analysis, the rule of thumb should be: MAKE IT AS EASY AS POSSIBLE FOR VISITORS TO CONVERT. And convert they will.
Have you employed any other strategies to make it easy for visitors to convert? If you have and if you can share it with me, please do so.
Thus, convert online visitors’ leads to better sales and more profit. Need I say more? For more details on, give us a call: +1-888-828-9864 or Contact Us