Christmas 2011 will be round the corner before you can say, “Jeez, I forgot”. Christmas online shopping has already started warming up, with high-street retail vendors already putting up wares for Christmas shopping. Even if you do forget, however, there’s still something you can do using ecommerce tips, for there will always be online shoppers. Here are some holiday season tips for ecommerce businesses.
These are people in a mad hurry and will do anything to get a gift of their choice. Think about your ecommerce tips. You could have ship-to-store options that allow such online shoppers to pick up the gift from a nearby store. You can also ship the gifts to the shopper directly for a few dollars more or use a clause that says last-minute shipping will be free if they purchase goods worth a certain amount. People who forget to shop in time will always be willing to pay a little extra for any holiday season tips that get them their gifts just in time. The ship-to-store option, though a free service generally, is much appreciated by people who shop late for Christmas, however. That fetches some real goodwill for your business.
You, the ecommerce business owner, will have to stock up on last minute gifts and provide holiday season tips for Christmas, however. You cannot tell people that you simply do not ship gifts so late. You have to be ready for last minute Christmas shoppers. What ecommerce tips can you use to attract shoppers who are frantically looking for good gifts? Here are a few ecommerce tips:
- Make use of the mobile phone networks. Send holiday season tips in the form of SMS messages, even to last minute online shoppers saying that you have XYZ items that will make great gifts if you have forgotten to buy any gifts in advance.
- Send email messages with similar messages and ecommerce tips, this time with pictures of the products you offer.
- Use special offers or discounts to get people flocking to your website.
- Alternately, tempt people by setting time limits to purchase certain gifts or products before a stipulated time. Holiday season tips are most welcome from online stores that actually deliver what they promise.
- Have a wide range of prices that customers can choose from, to ensure that every late shopper finds something worthwhile to spend his/her hard-earned dollars. Provide ecommerce tips for your regular customers as well as new visitors.
Online shopping and holiday season tips can prove to be a great way to make an impression with your business and services as well as the holiday tips you provide. If your customers receive a genuine benefit from such ecommerce tips, they will remember your site well into the New Year and beyond!